Monday, August 23, 2010

Rotation 1 : Workshop 4

workshop 4: Model-it Workshop
Matthias Hollenstein and Sean Choo


Week One


Week Two


First Task
Model of the Church of Light by Tadao Ando


Week Three

Final Project
Fisher House by Louis Kahn


Review: I found this workshop quite challenging. It was the first time I had ever done any architectural modelling. Its time consuming and fiddly nature greatly frustrated me and it was daunting being set with the task to find our own plans, correctly scale said plans and then interpret them. However it did teach me a lot. The small tasks in class although adding more work were useful in discovering how to make a model represent what you wanted it to. Also it was reassuring that everyone seemed to be building at a slow pace. This workshop gave me a lot of respect to the time and precision which goes into architectural models.

No comments:

Post a Comment